As your wedding celebrant, Let me guide you through the planning stage and take care of all legalities so your special day will be easy and stress free.
Often the lead up to to the day can be quite stressful for both of you and when you choose me to be your wedding celebrant, I’ll ensure that most of the hard work is taken off your hands so you can both enjoy each other, the process as well as the ceremony.
Your wedding, your way. Let’s work together to make your ceremony the best day of your life.
Here’s how it works:
The lead up to your wedding
- After our initial phone conversation, we can catch up at my office, or a cafe, or at your home.
If possible, it’s always great to meet at couples’ homes as their surrounds say a lot about them. It gives me an initial impression of you.
We can then get to know each other and you can determine whether I’m the right person to conduct your ceremony.
- If you decide that you would like me to be your wedding celebrant, we can take the next step, which is to complete the Notice Of Intention To Marry (NOIM) as well as the Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marry (DNLI);
- As a registered civil celebrant I comply with the Marriage Act 1961 and will be responsible for organising all the legal requirements.
- At this meeting I will also ask you some fun questions to learn about you both. This will help me write the initial draft of your personal and meaningful ceremony script which will be emailed to you for confirmation or alteration.
- Before I leave, I will give you a Marriage Pack filled with ideas for readings, vows, music and so on. We can later discuss your choices over the phone.
- This marriage pack also contains local contact details for pre-marriage counselling which is always a great idea before entering into a partnership for life.
- You can also elect to have a wedding rehearsal (included in the price) which is always a great idea, and if possible, it should be done with most parties present at the actual venue.
Here comes the bride:
- On the day of your ceremony I’ll be there an hour before, in order to make sure that everything is in place and organised for a relaxing and enjoyable day.
- A professional sound system, with 2 cordless microphones will be used in order to ensure all guests can hear and feel part of the ceremony.
- I always work closely with the other suppliers for the day, such as photographer, and venue staff in order to ensure that, as a team, we make your ceremony one of the best days of your life.
- Because of my stand up comedy background, I’ll ensure that your guests are involved as well as entertained throughout the entire ceremony.